rare plants - fragrant flowers - exotic fruit
Date: 10 Oct 2020, Entry id: 1602339362-2
Q: I started moving my tropical plant collection indoors as it's getting colder... And all of a sudden, I noticed bugs on leaves! I know for sure all my plants were bug-free when I kept the pots outside in my lanai. What happened? And how can I keep them clean and healthy without using any harsh chemicals? I have many edibles and herbs that I use in my cooking and prefer to stay away from insecticides. Any suggestions?
A: It is very common when healthy looking plants, once moved
indoors for the winter, get insect infestations. The main reason is change of
environment that puts a plant into stress and makes it susceptible to parasites
and diseases. Just think about what a plant is missing, a whole combination
of necessary conditions that provided a good life:
- Bring light -> light level reduced, so beneficial UV spectrum is gone
- Air circulation -> less wind = more bugs thriving
- Warm temperature -> from upper 80's in summer to 70's in your AC room
- Air humidity -> although humid air is believed to be causing some issues (for example fungus), however, reducing humidity overall puts a plant into stress and makes it more vulnerable.
Many gardener prefer to avoid chemicals, especially when it comes to treating edible plants and indoor collections. The solution to your problems is - Organic Solution!
SUNSHINE NoBug - is a natural solution to keep your plants healthy and
bug-free without harsh chemicals. It is great for organic gardening and
edibles, eco-safe and non-toxic for humans and pets.
It kills, repels and prevents: spider-mites, mealybugs, whiteflies, aphids
and many more. No wait time required - spray and play! And it smells like
jasmine, forget stinky insecticides!
How does it work? Just look at these ingredients: Kosher Glycerine, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Palm Oil, Oat Protein, Organic Soap, Horticultural Oil, Jasmine Oil, Water. Yum! But bugs hate it - they suffocate in it! This is why your plants will have NO BUGS with NoBug, that's it!
- Mix 100 ml (3-4 oz) with 1 qt (32 oz) of water, or 500 ml (16 oz) in 1
gal of water - for larger applications
- Spray foliage to drip point, including underneath leaves.
- Repeat the treatment in 7 days.
- As a preventive care, spray leaves once a month to keep insects away.
- You may use a paper towel saturated with this solution to wipe the leaves and remove residue from insects.
- Store at room temperature.
This poor Pepper plant was tossed into garbage can by a neighbor... it looked hopeless, infested with mealybugs. We saved it with NoBug ! In 2 days it perked up, and after 4 weeks its healthy and fruiting!
©Top Tropicals LLC, 2003 - ©TTmagazine.info, 2007 - Using TopTropicals.com images