Date: 24 Jun 2018, Entry id: 1529838764
Some tropical plants like Durian, Breadfruit, Cacao are
rare in plant collections and require true tropical
environment for successful growing and most likely
greenhouse conditions unless you live in mild tropical
climate like Hawaii. These plants are hard to find and are
not cheap. They can be shipped to you in original
containers via Express mail and usually take trip well as
long as there are no delays or overheating (or cold)
during transportation. To enjoy your rare plant collection
gem, please make sure to follow these recommendations:
- Keep your eye on delivery, track the shipment and make sure package is not left outside in the heat or cold.
- Unpack immediately and put plant in humid, warm environment with filtered light. Remember, "warm" for tropical plant means 78-85F.
- If a plant is wilted, put clear plastic bag over leaves to increase humidity for a few days. Keep the branches covered with clear plastic, in shade only - to avoid overheating.
- Keep soil slightly moist and don't let dry out. These plants like water as well as good drainage.
- Keep plant in original container until recovers from shipping stress. If necessary, re-pot in 2-3 weeks in bigger pot with rich organic potting mix, containing a lot of peat moss, and perlite or bark for good drainage.
- Grow these plants in warm and mild conditions, in filtered light, high humidity, with no temperature extremes. Remember to keep these plants at temperatures above 50F at all times.