Date: 3 May 2016, Entry id: 1462273805
Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce for Your Fiesta
You will need: Capsicum x baccatum - Scotch Bonnet Pepper, and -
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 18 fresh Scotch Bonnet peppers, sliced and seeded
- 6 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Leave some of all the Scotch Bonnets with seeds for a spicier sauce
In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion, and salt; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in water, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the ingredients are soft. Stir frequently. Remove from heat, and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Transfer the mixture to a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour in vinegar and sugar; blend until mixed. Keep refrigerated.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!