We can not be held responsible for any temperature-damage to plants during transportation (heat or cold).
Please notify us if weather is not permitting in your delivery area so that we can hold your order!!
- Make sure to include heat-pack to provide safe
transportation during cold season. We can't guarantee plants to arrive
alive without heat pack to cold areas
- Notify us to hold your order if it's over 90F in your
area - otherwise plants may get cooked in a package.
- Once your plant has arrived, it should be unpacked and potted immediately. You should let the plant adjust after shipping stress for a minimum of 24 hours (and up to several days). Place your plant(s) in a warm location with bright shade (no direct sunlight), in a small pot with well-draining moist (not soggy) soil. See more instructions.
- Upon arrival, keep the packing list with your discount voucher to save on your next purchase. To receive our New Arrivals updates, you may subscribe to our Newsletter.
- Year-round. Weather permitting, we ship year-round.
- USA - Nationwide. We ship to all US states.
Most of our plants are certified for shipping to all continental states.
However, a few plants that are NOT certified for LA, CA, TX, AZ are marked so in the price-list. Certification is done once a year (August) and we can not add other species to that list until next year.
- APO addresses. We can't ship live plants to military APO addresses. Mainly because we don't know where it is located, and locations outside of the USA require compliance with live plant export-import regulations, which is complicated procedure. Also, we don't know how long it will take to deliver the plant and if the package will be opened, so we can't guarantee anything. Orders with live plants to APO addresses will be canceled unless you specify more information.
- International. We ship outside of the USA. Please see more information: International shipping.
- Shipping Days: Monday through Wednesday to ensure deliveries are received before weekends. Florida destinations with one day transit may be shipped on Thursdays. Orders placed by the end of the day on Friday are shipped out the following week. For example, if you place your order on Friday, January 2nd, then it will be shipped on Monday-Wednesday, January 5-7. However, if order is placed on Saturday, January 3rd, then it will be shipped during the following week of January 12.
- Shipping Methods - We attempt to provide the most economical rate depending on your location via FedEx Ground, FedEx 3 day Express, or USPS Priority Mail.
- Expedited Shipping - Occasionally, orders will need to be shipped via expedited service depending on plant sensitivity or customer request. Please notify us of any rush prior to shipment.
Make sure you provide us with a valid email address. On the day of shipping, you will receive an automatic email with your tracking information. If your order is shipped via USPS, the email will contain a delivery confirmation only, and not tracking information; it will simply confirm that the package was physically delivered to the Post Office and accepted by USPS for shipping. Delivery times are generally between 2-4 business days. Please make sure that your delivered package will not be sitting on your porch all day. We can't guarantee the survival of your plants without proper temperature control.
Possible delays. We notify our customers about any delays in our shipping schedule. If you were notified that your order was shipped, but have not received the package within 4 days, please check with the shipping company, as delivery may have been attempted in your absence. You may check your order status online at any time.
Shipments may be delayed by us for the following reasons:
- Weather is not permitting
- Item is temporarily out of stock
- Some fruit trees take additional time to deliver from other locations
Planting instructions, seed germination instructions, or Growing Mangroves, are included in every delivery according to the nature of the order.
PayPal payments. Per PayPal requirements, all orders over $750 (paid using PayPal) will be shipped with a signature confirmation required. Which means, if nobody is available to sign for the delivery, the carrier will not leave your box at your door, and you will need to pick it up at the USPS, UPS, or FedEx office. We advise that you prearrange instructions with your local carrier to hold the package at the office to avoid plants spending excess time within the delivery truck. This rule is applicable only to orders that are paid through PayPal. If you pay with credit card on our server, then your order will be shipped without signature confirmation, unless specifically requested.
We try to provide you with large and mature plants. Some of our plants are much bigger than those that you might get from other mail-order companies. To save you money on shipping, we work to minimize both package weight and dimensions. (See Our Products page, and Size of Plants for more information).
To shed unnecessary weight, we remove plants from pots, toss off excess soil, and maintain moisture with a food-grade plastic film wrapped firmly around the root ball (see picture to the right). We do not bare-root plants for domestic shipping. To save on dimensions, it is sometimes necessary to trim branches, but only when without consequence to the plants health.
We strive to safely package every plant to the fullest extent possible. Some plants require bamboo supports, while others will need paper sleeves, but all plants will be heavily supported with packing peanuts. Read more about plants shipping and possible problems.
The shipping costs generated on our website are automatically calculated for the US only. Please contact us for a quote or information on international orders and shipping.
Because the packaging and HANDLING of your plants is very labor-intensive and time consuming, your shipping costs include a small handling fee. The packing and handling of your order includes collecting plants from the field, inspection, labeling, sorting, stripping pots and some soil, bagging, wrapping, packaging and boxing. We also provide the utmost care in choosing our packing supplies to ensure your plants have a safe journey, and use only the best quality of supplies. We often lose on shipping costs.
Shipping costs will vary depending on the size and weight of each individual plant.
To calculate a shipping cost:
a) Select item in the shopping cart
b) Select a destination state
c) Press "Add shipping" button
You cannot calculate international shipping costs through our website - please contact us for that information.
You may check if your order has been shipped at Order
Our company provides gardeners with rooted, well-established plants of mostly rare and hard-to-find species. We provide you with the biggest and healthiest specimens that are currently available in our stock (see more info about plant size). We grow our plants in natural outdoor conditions, under Florida sun and rain. We fertilize our plants to maintain and promote healthy growth and well-developed roots, but it is not our goal to keep them flowering at all times. We are not a florist shop that offers nicely shaped arrangement in fancy wrapping with bows and ribbon. We provide specimen plants for the purpose of longevity and allowing you the opportunity to experience the personal joy of planting, growing and a lasting future of enjoyment.
Most of our plants are shipped without pots (see above), and you must be prepared prior to delivery:
- You will need special soil (see recommendations).
- You will need pots ready (depending on plant size - see info in price list)
- You will need to spend some time and effort to help your plant to recover from the stress of shipping.
- If the plant is intended as a gift, please consider if the recipient will be willing (and capable) of providing all the above.
If you feel inexperienced or nervous about growing these plants, please visit our Forum and FAQ page for more information. Read our Catalog articles with specific plant cultivation advice before ordering.
See also Possible problems
more about establishing plants and problem solving
Please read these rules before
ordering! By ordering from us you enter into legal contract you have
your resposibilities as well as we do. We value our customers and would
like customers to value our service. Therefore, we have some rules
- Healthy plants. We guarantee that
we ship healthy plants
- E-mail only, within 3 days period.
All claims must be submitted in writing only, and
only within 3 days after delivery. Please email us if you have
any problems; if you call us regarding any claims, you will be asked to
email us anyway. We do not accept any claims after 3 days of order
- Shipping damage. All shipments
travel at the risk and expense of the buyer. Our responsibility ends
upon delivery to the carrier, we assume no responsibility for delay,
damage, destruction or breakage after delivery has been made to
carrier. We are not responsible for any damage occurred during
transportation: either temperature or mechanical. To ensure your plants
have a safe trip:
- Please make sure delivered package is not sitting
on your porch all day. We can't guarantee the plants to be alive if
they a shipped without temperature control (heat pack) in winter or if
they are overheated in summer. We do our best to notify you about
shipping/arrival day beforehand, please take care of your plants.
- Please monitor weather in your area. If it's too
hot or too cold, notify us, we can hold your order.
- Shipping cost is not refundable.
In case of replacement we charge shipping cost. In certain cases we can ship replacement with your next order.
- Contact ASAP. If you received a
plant that got weak or broken - EMAIL
us immediately, it may be saved, and we can help you! Do not wait untill it's too late. We won't accept any claims later.
If you are not sure how to take care of plant or it seems weak to you then
let us know right away, so you can preserve your rights later.
- Pot size - important! DO NOT
plant arrived plant in a pot larger than the root ball! Only after
establishing, when the plant starts a new growth, you may move it in a bigger
- Proper care. If you recieved a
healthy plant, but managed to kill it under improper care - we are
sorry, it can't be replaced. Keep arrived plant in warm (not hot) conditions, in a pot in shade until
it gets adjusted and recovered from stress. Don't plant out of package into a
- Correct mailing address. We're not
responsible for errors in mailing address or delivery
instructions. We use computerized system to print labels and ship
exactly the address you provided at the time of your order.
Please double check the address you
entered to ensure that it's correct. You may refer to a confirmation
double-checking. We are able to correct misspeled city name or zip code
will notify you if your address is invalid, but we have no means to
verify if entered "1234" is really your house number or it should be
"10234". We don't accept any claims result from such errors.
- PO Box addresses are not acceptable for
UPS - they will not deliver to PO boxes. We may contact you for
physical street address. We may also contact you if your
address is marked as "non-deliverable" in the USPS database.
- Shipping confirmation. You
will be notified via email when order is shipped. We email you delivery
confirmation number for USPS (Postal Service) or tracking number for UPS.
This email is important. If you don't receive
package within few days, then check the shipper website (link is
provided in confirmation email).
Sometimes for whatever reason packages are just sitting at the
Post Office and a customer did not notice that tiny orange package claim
- Special delivery instructions. We always try to accomodate them and print on the shipping label. Simple
instructions like "leave at door" are acceptable, but
complicated like "leave behind 3rd tall palm to the left of
2nd garage door" are not. Most likely carriers will not follow such
instructions (they won't even read it) to your satisfaction. So, we
can't be responsible for it.
- Secure delivery. If you believe there is any risk that USPS Priority Mail
deliveries in your
area may be misplaced or stolen, then we strongly recommend shipping to
your work address, to your friend's address, or any other person who can accept
the package for you. You may request USPS
Signature Confirmation service at extra charge. This will
require someone at your
address to sign for the package or for the package to be picked up at
the local Post Office. If
the USPS Delivery Confirmation records indicate that your package has been
delivered, we will not accept a lost product refund claim or replace
- Lost package. If you believe your package was lost in transit, we reserve
to initiate the inquiry to determine if
the package was actually lost. We follow proper shipper
procedures to determine if the package was signed by another
person, stolen, or lost. If you have not received your
package and the shipping company confirms lost package was not
delivered, then we will
re-ship the order again. We will not reship or refund orders for
which the shipping company can confirm delivery at the
- Order changes or cancellation. If you decide to change
something in your order, add more items or cancel your order for
whatever reasons, you have to do so in writing (email or fax). We
do not accept any changes over the phone. If your order has been already packed
then no changes can be made. If you decided to cancel the order, cancellation/restocking fees may apply (up to 6%).
- Refuse of sale. We reserve the right to refuse making a sale to anyone.
Sometimes, we may ask a certain customer to buy plants someplace else.
All plants being in a few days transit without light and
water, exposed to temperature extremes and handling, will experience
stress. Some more, others less. Please be advised that we can not
guarantee the plant to stay in a good condition after shipping since it
is beyond our control. By ordering a live plant mail-order you take a
risk of receiving a wilted plant, which in most cases, under proper
care, will recover soon and bring you joy of accomplishment.
- We guarantee the plant is healthy and true to name to the
best of our knowledge when it leaves our nursery, and shipped in proper
packaging to keep stress on the plant to a minimum. We are not
responsible for the plant after it leaves our direct care. No other
guarantee or warranty applies to these plants.
- We're a certified nursery inspected by the US Departament
of Agriculture on regular basis. We posses a number of certificates,
including CA nematode certificate. Fire Ant certificate, etc. and grow
all plants according to their requirements. We ship only healthy plants
which are apparently free from deseases and pests to the best of our
knowledge at the time of shipment. If your local authority requires
post inspections then it's your responsibility to comply with it. We
can't be hold responsible for incurred extra cost and results of such
- We are not responsible for the shipping delays beyond our
- We cannot be responsible for loss or damage during
transportation. Claims for damage in transit should be made to the
carrier. Save all packing materials and contents for inspection by a
carrier representative. See also: Possible
problems in transportation.
- We sell tropical plants, and we suggest you to watch your
weather for safe shipping. We ship year 'round, but we are unable to
monitor the weather at every location, that's why we advice you to let
us know if you're expecting a snow storm, extremely high temperatures,
etc. - so we hold on shipping your order. If weather is not
permitting, plants could be shipped at your own risk.
- Once you received a plant - this plant becomes yours. No
guarantee, expressed or implied, is made for the successful growth
after planting. We will not assume responsibility for plants which have
died as a result of improper planting or care. If you don't
know how to grow a certain plant, please, contact us with any
questions in advance.
- Please remember that plants are living things and require
your immediate attention upon their arrival. Please read our planting
instructions. If you receive a plant which has been damaged
in shipment be sure to notify us as soon as possible.
- If you have received a dead or broken plant, please contact us
immediately. Any claims may be accepted only within 3 days after
delivery. In some cases we may replace a dead or badly damaged plant
only if the damage was caused by improper packaging and only
after receiving a picture of the dead plant or returning the
plant at our expense - in order to determine the reason of damage.
us first before sending the plant back to us.
- Shiping and handling charges are not refundable.
- If having any questions about plants cultivation - please
visit our Forum. We try to offer the best
advice we can about hardiness and growing conditions. This is a service
and not a guarantee.
- Orders are accepted without liabilities for
non-performance due to shortages, delays, crop condition or other
conditions beyond our control. We reserve the right to limit quantities
purchased if stock is low.
||Some plants or their parts
might be poisonous or cause undesirable reactions or conditions when
consumed internally (or inhaled). These plants (such as Brugmansia,
Datura, etc.) are marked as poisonous in our Catalog with the
appropriate pictogram. Under no circumstance such plants should be used
for human or animal consumption.
||Plants marked with a
pictogram of Ethnomedical use are not offered as medicine but rather as
an ornamentals or collectibles. This pictogram is for information only.
We are not responsible for any improper use of these plants. Consult
your physician before using any herb/folk pharmacy.
- We do not sell plants known to us as causing severe
allergic reactions, however some people may individually experience
certain conditions, such as skin rush, sneezing, etc. If you are aware
of such sensitivity of yours, consult your doctor prior to plant
- Some local laws prohibit growing or importing some plants
- it is your responsibility to comply with the law.
- Under no circumstances we're liable for more than the
invoice at the time of purchase. In no event shall Top Tropicals, its
officers, employees, or other representatives be liable for special,
indirect, consequential, or punitive damages related to products sold.
Seed is a live product which depends on many important related grower
skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil,
irrigation, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides,
insecticides, disease free soil, and reasonable weather conditions
during the growing period. Germination is affected by such factors as
temperature, moisture content, light intensity and contamination of
planting media. These factors are totally out of our control and are
your responsibility and risk. Consequentally, we cannot guarantee seed to perform properly regardless of conditions or your
methods or mistakes.
Please see International shipping page.